Phone: (978) 667-1416
Fax: (978) 667-9059
The E.Fjeld UST-4800E Eucentric stage for Hitachi S-4800 and SU8000 UHR FE-SEMs is part of the Fjeld UST (Ultra Smooth Translation) series of nanometer positioning systems.
The stage and drive electronics of the UST Series incorporate advanced technologies to enable high resolution imaging and smooth motion at high magnifications. Conventional designs utilize comparatively large step-sizes and non-optimal drive methods, causing the SEM image to “jump” at very high magnifications and slow speeds.
Many users resort to using the SEM’s electronic “Beam” or “Image” shift, which may introduce problems such as beam distortion, image shift run-out (inability to further deflect the beam), and loss of sample addressability (inability to determine exactly where the beam is striking the sample). The UST-4800E overcomes these limitations by allowing accurate positioning, smooth motion, and slow speeds at high magnifications, without using image shift.
- High Precision motorized eucentric specimen stage.
- 5 Axis’ of motion. X-Y-Z-T-R.
- Nano-Stepping drive technology for ultra-smooth translation.
- Integrated stage lock for optimum stability at high magnification.
- High precision X and Y for +/- 1 micron of repeatability.
- Magnetically shielded motors.
- Control electronics designed for OEM or custom integration.